Supported self-study is the fastest and most rational way to learn a language
Derek Rogers' supported self-study language courses
- Price £120 for five half-hour tuitions, one-to-one, face-to-face, with challenging self-study assignments.
- No prior commitment - you pay the full amount after the first half-hour, but if the first half-hour doesn't suit you, you can withdraw then and owe nothing.
- Courses in Spanish, Italian, Modern Greek, German, French, Turkish, Thai, Albanian and many other languages - just ask.
My courses are for people who want to feel confident about a foreign language:
- you took your school examination, but it hasn't given you a proper grasp
- you're attending evening class and finding it a strain
- you've got the book and cassettes, but they sit on the shelf
- you visited the foreign country, but what you'd studied proved inadequate
- if you're one of these people, then my courses are for you.
My courses teach all the systems that make up your chosen language:
- you'll learn all its sounds
- naturally, you'll learn all its grammar (you already have in your head all the grammar of English, otherwise you wouldn't be able to speak it)
- you'll learn a vocabulary of 600 basic words - enough to meet the needs of everyday life, but not so many as to obscure the structures.
What will you be able to do when you finish?
Anything you want - you'll have the entire system of the language in your head. Many courses teach you topics - shopping, work, and so on - but my courses teach you the structures of the language. That means you can fill them with your own words, and talk about anything you choose.