Accent Flexibility Course
Five half-hour lessons for £120
How does the course work?
- All lessons are one-to-one, either face-to-face or by telephone.
- You can take the five lessons at whatever intervals you wish. You will have private study assignments to do between lessons, and it's for you to decide how much time to allow for these.
- Your private study is supported by a computer-based help pack that includes explanatory text, recordings and practise utilities. These are designed to enable you to work at your own pace, on the particular topics you choose.
- Each lesson includes one or more of the following:
- Instruction on features of pronunciation
- Practice in listening
- Performance of sounds, words and phrases
- Evaluative feedback
You may need more than one set of five lessons to cover the material shown below.
Email me now for accent flexibility
21 Ruskin Lane GLASGOW G12 8EA
What does the course cover?
- Standard Reference Vowels - a fundamental tool that enables you to pronounce any vowel in any accent or language.
- English sounds in fluent, connected speech
- Mouth-position (focus, muscular tension, movement of the jaw)
- Treatment of r (r not pronounced, intrusive r, linking r)
- Dealvolar assimilation (t, d, n)
- Syllabic consonants (kitten, little)
- Treatment of h
- All the individual vowel-sounds of standard English
- Seven short monophthongs (kit dress trap comma lot strut foot)
- Five long monophthongs (fleece start nurse caught goose)
- Two close monophthongs (happy into)
- Six closing diphthongs (face price choice goat goal mouth)
- Four centering diphthongs (near square door pure)
- All the individual consonant-sounds of standard English
- Plosives (pat bat tab dab cash gash)
- Affricates (chin gin)
- Fricatives (fie vie thigh thy said zed show leisure hay)
- Sonorants (ram ran rang roe low woe you)